Why Should You Join Us?
Businesses join chambers for different reasons. Ultimately, we’re all looking to grow our businesses. Small local retailers may join for additional marketing support and to leverage the association’s promotional tools. Larger businesses often join for the advocacy provided by the organization. We are here to help—we have tools and resources as well as a captive audience that that can help you spread the word about the great work you’re doing.
Here’s what you get when you join:
• Your company will be featured as a new member in our weekly newsletter. This includes your name and contact information and a link to your website,
• Your company will be highlighted on all our social media channels as being our newest member. This includes LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter,
• You and your company are introduced at our quarterly breakfast series, Good Morning Monona. We put a slide on the screen with your logo and contact person’s name.
• You’ll receive a listing in our online business directory. Currently, our website receives 6,500+ visits per month and the business directory page is the most popular, followed by the events calendar, jobs board and the member news page.
• Your company will receive a listing in our annually printed Guide to the Monona Area. This is the primary marketing tool for the Monona area.
The Monona East Side Business Alliance brings value to our members by providing fresh and new programming for members, offering professional development opportunities through committee involvement and educational programs, and providing members with access to our well-visited website through the online business directory, posting member news, and access to our jobs board. In addition, the Monona East Side Business Alliance is a great social outlet for those looking to connect with business professionals in the area.
Alliance staff is dedicated to providing an array of programming that educates, delivers resources for saving money and energy, and assists businesses with the obtaining the tools needed for growth.
GROWING YOUR BUSINESS
- Make critical connections in the business community
- Grand opening and ribbon cutting support and promotion
- Promote our members and the community
- Referrals to member businesses are always provided when someone contacts us. We serve as a key resource to the community and, oftentimes, we are the first point of contact for consumers searching for someone to do business with. A nationwide study by the Shapiro Group found that 63% of consumers prefer to do business with chamber members and 57% think more positively of businesses who are members of a respectable business association.
- Opportunities to grow your professional resources and learn from experts in the industry
- Monthly Business After 5 events for networking in a fun and social environment
- Business Leads groups for lead generation and referral power times ten. B2B and B2C groups available for members only. $45/six months or $75/one year
- Good Morning Monona for quarterly breakfast seminars
- Quarterly Power Lunch series for lunch and learn opportunities
- Craft Beer, Cheese and Chocolate Pairing event in October
- Annual EXPOtential—our unique business expo with booths priced at $95, held in April each year
- Annual Celebration in November
- Committee participation and volunteerism
- Your Alliance provides numerous marketing vehicles for you at a discounted rate. Our website, newsletters, social media outlets, and events are just some of the ways we can help you stretch your marketing dollars through advertisements, sponsorships, hosting events, co-op advertising, etc. These are benefits that are only available to members.
- Members have access to our events calendar for posting events that are in the Monona East Side area
- Sponsorship opportunities in our enewsletter, the Monona Minute
- Your listing on monona.com and in the annually printed Guide to the Monona Area
- Opportunity to advertise in the bi-annually printed Monona map and digital Monona iMap
EDUCATE AND ADVOCATE
- Advocate for our members at City Hall through regular meetings with the mayor and city council
- Promote economic development opportunities for our members and the community
- Free business seminars and workshops and professional development opportunities