Monona East Side Restaurant Month in review
The Monona East Side Business Alliance (MESBA) ran the first annual Monona East Side Restaurant Month (MESRM) from May 1 to June 4. The mission of the program was to encourage support for the local business community and promote the amazing selection of restaurants the Monona East Side community has to offer. Customers had to collect 12 stickers on a Bite Card for a chance to win $800 in restaurant gift cards.
In the 35-day promotion, 1,850 stickers were applied to Bite Cards for customers who made an $8 food purchase. Customers needed to collect 12 stickers for a chance to win restaurant gift card packs. 47 individuals submitted completed Bite Cards with at least 12 stickers. The first completed Bite Card was returned on May 19.
Restaurant Month generated over $14,800 in economic impact in just over one month! Next year, MESBA hopes to increase the number of participating restaurants making Monona East Side Restaurant Month bigger and better.
The following 21 restaurants participated in the first ever Restaurant Month: Breakwater, Culver’s-Cottage Grove Road, Daisy’s Cafe & Cupcakery, Fraboni’s Italian Specialties, Happy Wok Southtown, Java Cat, Mr. Brew’s Taphouse, Noodles and Company, North of the Bayou, Off Broadway Drafthouse, Pedro’s Mexican Restaurante, Qdoba Mexican Eats, Rosie’s Coffee Bar and Bakery, Silver Eagle Bar & Grill, Stalzy’s Deli, Taco John’s, Tower Inn, Tully’s II Food & Spirits, V.F.W. Post 7591, Waypoint Public House, and Willy Street Co-op East.
Four winners of the restaurant gift card packs were drawn on June 7 (watch the video). The $100 gift card pack winner was Thania Esnault; the $125 gift card pack winner was Joan Needham; the $200 winner was Shirley Scriver; and Jim Nellen won the $375 pack of restaurant gift cards.
BONUS WEEK ADDED: You can continue to collect stickers for Restaurant Month through Sunday, June 4! We want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy this promotion. Bite Card boxes will be collected on Monday, June 5, so be sure to get yours in by Sunday, June 4 at the latest. We’ll be drawing winners on June 7. Good luck!
The Monona East Side Business Alliance (MESBA) is excited to announce the first ever Monona East Side Restaurant Month in May of 2017! Here’s how it will work:
- Participating restaurants will be provided with Bite Cards—you will give these to your waiter who will place a sticker on the card when you make a minimum food purchase of $8.
- Bite Cards will also be inserted in the mailed issues of the 2017 Guide to the Monona Area. Watch for delivery to your address in late March or early April.
- Customers will collect at least 12 stickers to enter the prize drawings of restaurant gift card packs of $375, $200, $125 and $100.
- Receive an extra entry if you take a photo of yourself and your Bite Card at one of the participating restaurants and post it to the Monona East Side Business Alliance Facebook page.
- The drawing will be done on June 7 at our Good Morning Monona speed networking event through a Facebook live video. Winners will be contacted by email or phone.
- You’ll return your Bite Card with 12 stickers or more to the Monona East Side Business Alliance at 5900 Monona Drive, Suite 302, Monona, WI 53716 or you can drop them off at participating restaurants serving as collection points. See the list below with asterisks.
- Use the following hashtags for social posting or to find more: #RestaurantMonth #MESRM
Restaurants with the asterisk* are pickup and drop-off points for the Bite Card.