We strive to hold a variety of events at a variety of times to accommodate your busy schedule. The Alliance hosts over 70 events each year including the programs below, ribbon cuttings, grand openings, committee meetings, and pop-up events throughout the year. Sign up for the Monona Minute newsletter to stay connected with upcoming events. Send us an email to sign up.
– quarterly breakfast series featuring a variety of speakers and topics so everyone takes something away to assist them in growing their business. A continental breakfast is served and networking opportunities are plentiful. The emcee of the event is Walter Jankowski of Reinvention LLC.
– quarterly luncheons held at various member establishments in the area. They are held from 11:15-12:30pm and feature a speaker, lunch, beverage and a dessert in addition to some excellent networking opportunities. This event varies in price from $12 – $20 and registration is required.
– BA5 offers an opportunity to create new business relationships by networking in a relaxed setting that offers delicious appetizers, door prizes and refreshments. Consider this a great social outlet for business professionals! These events usually take place on the last Tuesday of the month from 5-7pm.
– is our Economic Development, Government and Education Roundtable. Here you’ll find some of the top level public sector leaders like Senator Mark Miller, Legislator Robb Kahl, Monona Mayor Bob Miller, Dane County Board member Robin Schmidt, Monona Grove Superintendent Dan Olson and Monona East Side Business Alliance Executive Director Kristie Schilling at one table discussing the latest developments on a local, county and regional level. Business leaders from the private sector are always welcome to join us for this lively discussion. This event is held on the second Wednesday each month at 7:30-9am at the Monona Community Center located at 1011 Nichols Road, Monona, 53716. This event is free and all members are welcome.
– save your money from the expensive leads groups and keep the dollars invested in your community by joining our local Business Leads group. Our leads groups have industry exclusivity and number from 10-20 people and members experience deeper relationships than the larger networking groups. We have multiple groups that meet at different times so we can find a spot for you. The cost is $60/six months or $100/one year. Grab your spot before someone else does! Fees go toward marketing the groups and establishing establishing new networking opportunities for members. This is a members-only program. Contact us for industry availability and group eligibility.
– Kickstart is our new member orientation program. We host one of these events per year to help our new member connect with other newbies. In addition to great networking, we provide educational stations informing you how to maximize and leverage your investment in our organization. This is a free event that is invite only and takes place at a variety of local establishments.
– is our unique and fun business expo! This event occurs in April each year and features live music, appetizers, free beer and wine and up to 30 exhibitors. This is a phenomenal networking event that brings in approximately 200 attendees. Things that make this event unique are the souvenir wine/beer glass for attendees, the libations and music, and three food tasting stations setup amongst the exhibitors. Think of it as a cocktail party business expo!
– is a foodie’s dream event! 12 pairing stations with some of the best locally-crafted beer, artisan cheeses from some of the best cheese companies in Wisconsin, and handcrafted chocolates will lead you on a delicious journey through some of the best products created in Wisconsin. This event is held at the end of September each year and costs $35 for members and $50 for non-members. Includes a souvenir beer tasting glass along with a tasting extravaganza.
– is MESBA’s alternative fundraiser to the typical golf outings. This experience allows our members to network with executive level business professionals while enjoying the great outdoors. Enjoying a day on the water is a great team building activity, networking opportunity and helps calm and relax your mind. The Kayak Outing takes place in June each year and is followed by an after party at Waypoint Public House where food and beverages are provided.
– Tasting for a Cause Gala is a fundraiser for our food pantry members. The event occurs in December every year and features tasting stations from MESBA member restaurants, entertainment, a wine pull, a silent auction, and a short presentation on the state of the alliance.
If you are not an Alliance member, please contact Kristie Schilling at 222-8565 to activate your membership or gain additional information about the organization. Non-members are welcome to attend three events/year for free like Business After 5 and Good Morning Monona.