Monona’s Yahara Riverfront is being planned as the Madison-area’s newest year-round gathering place and recreational trailhead. Just across the lake from Downtown Madison, the Capitol, the University, and the rest of Wisconsin’s fastest growing metro area, Monona is a well-established suburb fronting the Yahara River where it joins Dane County’s lower chain of lakes.
Phase 1 of the Monona Riverfront Village is planned for 2016-2017 to include a unique new hotel that can service the region and fill the unmet needs of a neighboring 1,900-employee corporate headquarters eager for a walkable entertainment district and for standard- and extended-stay rooms to accommodate visiting employees and contractors. We are looking for an experienced, quality hotel developer to be part of this dynamic project.
The site is ideally located within an area of Monona and immediate SE Madison that has limited business-class hotel options in a 10-minute drive, yet includes 2,900 businesses and 23,000 employees. LEARN MORE ON MARCH 9
- Guest access to public transient boat slips
- Capitol & E-way views from 4th floor up
- Visibility from and easy access to Madison-Monona’s Beltline highway
- Adjacency to river and trails
Amenities included in the Vision:
- Full-service restaurant
- Indoor and outdoor dining
- Waterfront bar
- Meeting space
- Structured parking
- Green roof
This planned riverfront village includes:
- 240 market-rate apartments
- 30,000 sq. ft. commmercial / restaurant space
- Destination public waterfront plaza
- 800 feet of waterfront with transient boat slips
- Regional bike trail connections
- Paddle boat rentals and storage
The City of Monona is ready to work with you!
The City of Monona has assembled this 7.5 acre site and is ready and eager to partner with you on the development of part or all of this unique waterfront village. The city has an unparalleled track record of expedited approvals, and has a TIF in place. For a Google Map view of the site, click here.)
To learn more about the project email Sonja Reichertz at the City of Monona or call 608-222-2525.