FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 25, 2017
Media Contact: Kristie Schilling – Executive Director, Monona East Side Business Alliance
Phone: (608) 222-8565
Send an email
Monona East Side Business Alliance announces Curatorial Connection program with a call for artists
Monona, WI – The Monona East Side Business Alliance (MESBA) is a business collective with 350 members throughout the Madison area. In July 2017, MESBA launched a new program called Curatorial Connection—a program designed to connect fine artists to the business community with a goal of seeing more local art displayed in area businesses while creating an art rental opportunity for artists. Curatorial Connection will assist businesses by providing an easy resource to local artists to provide art for their workspaces while helping artists gain exhibition outlets through a direct connection to businesses. The program is available for fine artists. A fee of $30.00 per year and submission of three images of the artist’s work is required for acceptance into the program.
Research shows that art in the workplace can dramatically improve productivity while reducing stress. MESBA feels that they can provide a connection for artists to the business community through the Curatorial Connection program. Kristie Schilling, Executive Director of MESBA, stated, “The east side is home to the creative class of Madison and artists can bring a lot of value to our organization. I’ve noticed a missing link between the art community and the business community so I’m hoping this program can provide a successful linkage.”
Artists will receive the following benefits for the annual membership:
- Inclusion in an in print artist directory with member artists contact information, medium, ideal workspace setting for their art, and a key to price points for the rental program (designated by $, $$, or $$$)
- A directory page will also be available online at MononaEastSide.com
- Member artists will be published annually in the Guide to the Monona Area, an in print magazine with a distribution of 15,000 distributed each spring
- Member rate access to all MESBA events.
- Pop-up art show opportunities at MESBA events (exhibit & sell)
- Member support from 350+ MESBA members. Members love supporting members because they’re all dedicated to MESBA’s mission—to propel the Monona East Side community forward.
Visit MononaEastSide.com/Business-Resources/CuratorialConnection to learn more.
The Monona East Side Business Alliance (MESBA) is a business collective that works to promote commerce and the community for the area’s overall prosperity. MESBA is a private, not for profit, membership-driven organization comprised of approximately 350 businesses, charitable organizations, educational institutions, and civic entities. For more information, visit http://mononaeastside.com or contact Kristie Schilling, Executive Director of the Monona East Side Business Alliance at (608) 222-8565.