Why Should You Consider Joining the Alliance?
We strive to provide what your business needs to succeed and thrive. Your Alliance membership extends to all of your employees, so not only can you be involved, but, all your staff can be involved. Dollar for dollar, it may be the best marketing investment you make this year. We’d love to work with you on growing your business!
Whether you choose to take advantage of our promotional tools on our website, attend our events like our monthly Business After 5’s, post a job on our jobs board, sponsor an event, or volunteer on a committee, your engagement will help you develop your business, provide you with professional development opportunities and make valuable connections. All of these are benefits available to our member investors.
Our mission at the Monona East Side Business Alliance is simple—to promote and foster an environment that attracts, supports and retains private-sector jobs and spurs economic vitality while always promoting and encouraging engagement with our members. We are constantly striving to find ways to better serve you. Please contact us directly if you ever need assistance.
Here’s what you get immediately when you join:
• Your company will be featured as a new member in our weekly e-newsletter, the Monona Minute. This includes your name and contact information and a link to your website,
• You’ll receive a listing in our online business directory. Currently, our website averages 8,500+ visits per month and the business directory page is the most popular, followed by the events calendar, jobs board and the member news page,
• Your company will receive a listing in our annually printed Guide to the Monona Area. This is the primary marketing tool for the Monona community and our east side neighbors,
• The Monona East Side Business Alliance is also a great social outlet for those looking to connect with other business professionals in the area. We bring value to our members by providing fresh and new programming, offering professional development opportunities through committee involvement and educational programs, and providing members with access to our highly-visited website through the online business directory, posting member news, premium advertising opportunities at low cost, and access to our jobs board.
Alliance staff is dedicated to providing an array of programming that educates, delivers resources for saving money and energy, and assists businesses with the obtaining the tools needed for growth.
Here is the list of benefits you can use throughout your membership term to leverage the alliance to work for you and so you can maximize your ROI.
GROWING YOUR BUSINESS
• Make critical connections in the business community
• Grand opening and ribbon cutting support and promotion
• Promote our members and the community
• Referrals to member businesses are always provided when someone contacts us. The Alliance serves as a key resource to the community and, oftentimes, we are the first point of contact for consumers searching for someone to do business with. A nationwide study by the Shapiro Group found that 63% of consumers prefer to do business with Chamber of Commerce and business association members and 57% think more positively of businesses who are members of such organizations.
• Opportunities to grow your professional resources and learn from experts in the industry
• Monthly Business After 5 events for networking in a fun and social environment
• Good Morning Monona for quarterly breakfast seminars
• Quarterly Power Lunches
• Annual EXPOtential event in April
• Annual Craft Beer, Cheese & Chocolate Pairing in October
• Annual Celebration in November
• Committee Participation/Volunteerism
• Your Alliance provides numerous marketing vehicles for you at a discounted rate. Our website, newsletters, social media outlets, and events are just some of the ways we can help you stretch your marketing dollars through advertisements, sponsorships, hosting events, co-op advertising, etc. These are benefits that are only available to members.
• Members have access to our events calendar for posting events that are in the Monona and east side area
• Sponsorship opportunities in our e-newsletter communications
• Your listing on mononaeastside.com and in the annually printed Guide to the Monona Area
• Opportunity to advertise in the bi-annually printed Monona map and the online version, the Monona iMap
EDUCATE AND ADVOCATE
• Advocate for our members at City Hall through regular meetings with the mayor and city council and at all levels of government
• Promote economic development opportunities for our members and the community
• Free business seminars and professional development opportunities